Car accident deaths devastate families, friends, and communities. The California Office of Traffic Safety reports that there were 3,074 car accident deaths throughout the state in 2014. In Orange County and other parts of California, thousands of people struggle with grief and loss in the aftermath of fatal accidents.
If your loved one has passed away, how will you piece your life back together? There aren’t easy answers, and people find their way to cope and rebuild their lives. One step that often proves helpful is to contact a reputable fatal car accident lawyer.
How can a fatal car accident lawyer help you?
Car accidents occur under a variety of circumstances. Many of them involve negligent or irresponsible behavior. After a deadly collision, an experienced attorney can serve as your legal guide and advocate. Your attorney will build a strong case for you and fight for you to receive fair financial compensation.
Although receiving compensation doesn’t lessen the grief of losing someone you care about, it will ease some of the stress brought about by the accident. You shouldn’t have to struggle with a financial burden at this challenging time.
What are some of the expenses associated with fatal car accidents?
After a loved one passes away in a motor vehicle accident, you may wind up struggling with short-term and long-term expenses and damages. These include the following:
- Medical bills: The cost of surgeries, hospitalization, and medications can be overwhelming.
- Funeral and burial expenses: Depending on the type of service and burial, the costs can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Loss of financial resources: If you relied on wages, health insurance, and other financial benefits from your loved one, the loss of such support would place significant stress on you and your family.
- Loss of companionship: The sudden absence of a loved one is devastating. Being deprived of companionship and care can be damaging to your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Pain and suffering: Bereavement impacts every area of your life, including your ability to work and attend to other obligations. The pain you’re experiencing can leave you vulnerable to a variety of physical, psychological, financial, and social problems.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to a compassionate and experienced lawyer
Fatal car accidents occur in a variety of ways. Some involve drivers who use alcohol or other drugs. In other accidents, drivers get distracted by their phones. It’s also common to witness drivers speeding, running red lights, failing to yield, and engaging in other illegal or dangerous behaviors. Sometimes, the fault of an accident stems from a mechanical problem in a vehicle, such as faulty brakes.
A fatal car accident lawyer will know how to analyze a collision and determine who is at fault. You’ll develop a stronger understanding of what occurred during the accident and what your options are in the aftermath.
At Rizio Law Firm, we treat our clients with respect, dedication, and personal attention. We become their advocates and work hard to give them the best possible outcome for their case. In a time of grief, it’s critical to work with a lawyer who provides consistent support and strives to protect your interests.
For a free consultation, please contact us at 888-292-8888 or through our online form. You can reach out to us at any time, day or night.