With so many cars traveling them, California’s roads are dangerous places. In the blink of an eye, even the most careful drivers can become entangled in a multi car accident. The crash can cause physical injury, emotional trauma and property damages. Also, people involved in these complex accidents may also have to face financial and legal challenges the involved parties wrangle over matters of fault and liability. Why struggle to sort out this difficult situation alone? At Rizio Law Firm, we’re ready to help you navigate the complicated aftermath of a multi-car crash.
The Mechanics of a Multiple Car Accident
Collisions involving more than two vehicles, multi car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- A sudden slowdown or stop on the freeway can lead to a series of rear-end collisions. A distracted driver at the rear may have caused the accident, or it could be that the driver in front stopped for no reason and he or she would be at fault.
- Road debris, such as spilled loads from tractor-trailers, a blown tire, or some other object are also examples of items that can cause accidents.
- Bad weather: Fog, rain, sleet or snow can result in visibility issues and slick road surfaces that make driving hazardous.
- Speeding: Drivers traveling at high speeds have less time to react. One wrong move can set off a deadly chain reaction.
- Drowsy drivers: Fatigued drivers are plagued by slower reaction times and brief periods of inattention that can set the stage for accidents.
- Distracted drivers: Using a cell phone, reading a map, eating, grooming, interacting with passengers and even boredom can result in a lapse in attention that causes an accident.