Riverside Car Accident Attorney
Riverside car accident attorneys are abundant but only our personal injury attorneys hold the record for the highest auto-related personal injury verdict in Riverside County history. Greg Rizio, along with Darren Pirozzi of Rizio Lipinsky recently obtained a $57,947,402 million dollar verdict for a 25-year old Temecula man suffered catastrophic injuries after being involved in an accident on the Interstate 15 Freeway. The amount was the highest-ever gross personal injury verdict (in the catastrophic injury / brain injury category) for Riverside County. That year, it was also the highest personal injury award in the State of California, and the 2nd highest personal injury award in the nation.
Rizio Lipinsky’s results place them within the Top 1% of Firms Nationwide, as independently verified by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents. Based on these impressive track record of results, both Greg Rizio and Darren Pirozzi were named the 2015 “California Consumer Attorneys of the Year” by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC). Greg Rizio was also awarded the 2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of the Inland Empire, and was named the 2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Western San Bernardino County Bar Association. Mr. Rizio was also named the 2015 Top Gun Lawyer by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
Riverside Car Accident Statistics
Southern California roads are filled with millions of cars. In Riverside alone there are over 1.7 million registered vehicles with over 1.47 million licensed drivers. Based on data provided from the CHP, Riverside has the second highest number of fatal traffic collisions in all of California. There were 237 fatal collisions in 2015 causing a total of 252 fatalities. In that same year there were 13,071 injuries caused by traffic accidents in Riverside. Personal injury claims due to traffic accidents are unfortunately common place here.
If you are involved in a car accident, you are not alone. Rizio Lipinsky’s law offices in Riverside is on our side. We help drivers and passengers who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our attorneys in Riverside help accident victims receive insurance compensation and even sue careless drivers who injured you or your family so that you can focus on healing. If you have been involved in a car accident, take the time to understand your rights and the options that are available for obtaining compensation with the help of a Riverside car accident attorney.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur in a broad range of situations. Some auto accident cases involve only a single driver while other accidents involve dozens of drivers or even pedestrians. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Side-impact collisions: Typically caused by failure to yield the right of way to another car. At an intersection these collision types are caused by one vehicle failing to obey traffic signals. The severity of the crash and resulting injuries may be increased at higher speeds. Some cars are equipped with side airbags that help to mitigate injuries caused by side-impact collisions. Either way, it is more likely that these types of wrecks involve multiple different collisions and sudden speed changes before motion stops. The person on the side of the vehicle that was struck is more likely to sustain more severe injuries.
- Rear-end collisions: This type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes in to the back end of another vehicle. Rear-end collisions occur when there is a sudden deceleration by the first car such that the vehicle behind does not have time to apply the brakes and stop. Typical injuries sustained in these types of accidents include whiplash, herniation of the spine, with the rearmost passengers most likely to sustain the most severe injuries. The driver of the car that rear-ends another car is considered at fault, with few exceptions. Truck accidents, in which a truck rear-ends a car, can be catastrophic.
- Rollovers: This is a type of car crash that results when a vehicle tips over onto its side or its roof. These types of collisions have a much higher fatality rate than any other type of car accident. There are two categories of rollover accidents: tripped and untripped. A tripped rollover is caused by forces exerted by another object, such as a curb or collision with another vehicle. The most common example of a tripped rollover accident is when a vehicle is sliding sideways and makes contact with a curb. Untripped rollovers are caused as the result of speed, unsafe driving conditions, and the car losing contact with the ground during cornering. Tall SUVs and trucks are vulnerable to rollovers when drivers take sharp turns that flip their vehicle over. Vehicles are required to be designed in a way that prevents structural collapse during a rollover, but these accidents can still cause significant bodily harm.
- Head-on collisions: This is an auto accident in which the front ends of two vehicles hit each other as the vehicles travel in opposite directions. These are the deadliest type of collision because the velocity of the traveling vehicles is added together causing extreme forces to be exerted during the accident. These accidents cause great bodily injury and sometimes death.
A driver who is found at fault for causing any auto accident that results in fatality can find themselves facing a wrongful death lawsuit by the surviving family members. If you have been the victim of any one of these types of accidents make sure you contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
When an accident occurs, law enforcement officers who arrive at the scene of the crash will interview both drivers and make a preliminary determination of fault. It is important to understand that finding who is at fault is important after a crash. This will determine which party will be required to pay compensation. It may be that you are found to be at fault for an accident you did not cause. If this happens to you, a Riverside car accident attorney can fight for you in court. If you win the case you do not have to worry about paying.
First Steps to Take After an Accident
If you become involved in an accident, you should try to remain calm since doing so will help you to make better decisions. Immediately write down the other driver’s license plate number in case they try to flee the scene. Get in touch with law enforcement officers so that they can come to the crash site and document the events that occurred. Talk to the other driver to get their name, address, and insurance information. If possible, try to take a photograph of the other driver’s license and insurance information so that you can be sure of their identity. Finally, take pictures of the crash site with your smartphone since doing so will help to defend your interests in the future.
When Can You Sue?
Some insurance companies will offer you a settlement that will require you to waive your right to a lawsuit. Before signing away your rights, we recommend that you speak with a Riverside car accident attorney to consider the possibility of demanding a higher settlement or litigating your case in court. You have the right to several forms of compensation from the other driver:
- Bodily harm: You have the right to be compensated for any medical costs that you incur as a result of a crash that was not your fault.
- Loss of Income: If you have to take time off from work due to injuries that you incur as a result of an accident where you were not at fault, you have the right to full compensation.If you have to take time off from work due to injuries that you incur as a result of an accident where you were not at fault, you have the right to full compensation.
- Property damage: The driver who is at fault in an accident is responsible for paying the cost of repairing any property that was damaged.
- Punitive damages: In cases of gross negligence, you may be entitled to additional compensation from the other driver.
When to Hire a Riverside Car Accident Attorney
If you become involved in a car accident, you should get in touch with a car accident lawyer, in Riverside California, to assert your rights. Our personal injury law firm offers free consultations for drivers who are unsure about what actions they should take after an accident. Get in touch with Rizio Lipinsky to defend your rights to compensation today. Don’t let someone else’s negligence go without proper justice. Call toll free 1-888-292-8888 or use our online form to start your free consultation.
- This article should only be used for informational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney in your community.
Awards and Accolades
These accolades speak to our experience and dedication as personal injury attorneys.
We are honored by the recognition of the work we do for our clients.
A Review of Rizio Lipinsky
Riverside Car Accident Attorney
I was involved in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and I had a different lawyer at the beginning, but he wasn't able to do much with my case, he was slow and not really invested in it, he didn't even pay my medical bills with the first settlement, so I was having credit problems, a very bad situation!
Then I was introduced to Aaron Hicks of Rizio Lipinsky he managed not only to clean my credit in record time and pay off all my bills but also he also settled the case very fast.
It's difficult to find a lawyer that really care about you as a client and doesn't see you only as money, Rizio Lipinsky is different, they are very invested and really care about clients, I will for sure recommend them, you cannot go wrong with them, they follow you step by step, they are always available for any questions or concerns and they explain to you the process very well in order for you to understand what's going on with the case!
My lawyer was Aaron Hicks, he's very knowledgeable, kind and always ready to listen and help you out in any way he can! I'm so glad I found Rizio Lipinsky.