Orange County Car Accident Attorney
It only takes a second. Every day, millions of vehicles share the road. Every day, car accidents that change lives in an instant occur. Even experienced drivers who hit Orange County’s streets armed with caution and skill are not immune to this danger. Would you know what to do if you were involved in a car accident? What if you or a loved one was injured? A car accident is a stressful event that can result in serious injury and property losses and leave you scrambling to deal with pain, disability, medical bills and other expenses. Enlisting the aid of an experienced Orange County car accident attorney can smooth your path toward healing and help you collect the compensation that you are entitled to.
What to Do When in a Car Accident
If you’ve been in a car accident, remain calm and make safety a priority. Verify that everyone involved in the accident is okay. Do not leave the scene, but move to a safe location. If the vehicles are blocking the roadway and drivable, it is okay to move them out of the way. If this is not feasible, turn on the hazard lights to alert other motorists. Is anyone is injured? Call 911 and request medical care. Otherwise, report the accident and ask for assistance.
Do not admit fault or accept blame, but be sure to exchange vital information with any other drivers involved. Collect their names, addresses, phone numbers, license numbers and insurance information. Do not forget to get contact information for any witnesses. Also, note the names of the responding officers. Ask how to get a copy of the police report. Also, contact your insurance company. Finally, consider reaching out to an Orange County car accident attorney for help.
Car Accident Statistics
Even if you do everything right behind the wheel, merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time can trigger your involvement in an automobile accident. As these statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety make clear, a car accident can have serious consequences:
- On average, there are some 6 million car accidents each year in the U.S.
- Roughly 3 million people are injured in car accidents each year. While some of these injuries do not cause lasting damage, 2 million people experience permanent injuries.
- On an average day, nearly 100 people die in car accidents.
- Seatbelt use reduces the risk of death by 45 percent and the risk of serious injury by 50 percent.
Car Accident Causes
Many factors can set the stage for a car accident:
- Distracted driving. Distractions like reading or sending a text, talking on a cell phone, eating, or reaching to fiddle with the sound system may only take a moment, but that is long enough to cause a serious accident. In fact, distracted driving is the leading cause of car accidents in the U.S.
- Speeding. Speed kills. Traveling at excessive speeds reduces reaction time, which makes it more difficult to respond effectively to any unexpected events.
- Drunk driving. Alcohol interferes with an individual’s judgment and their ability to focus. It also dulls reflexes, slowing their reaction time.
- Reckless driving. Drivers who are aggressive, impatient or careless tend to make mistakes that can trigger car accidents.
- Bad weather. Heavy rain and other forms of inclement weather can reduce visibility and transform roads into slick, treacherous surfaces.
Car Accident Injury Types
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Head injuries can harm the brain and cause problems for a brief period or a lifetime. Neck injuries can range from relatively mild issues like whiplash to serious cervical dislocations. Back injuries often cause pain and impaired mobility; in some cases, damage to the spinal cord can result in paralysis. Lacerations, internal injuries, broken bones, and amputations can also occur. These injuries can result in costly medical bills, lost wages, and temporary or permanent disability. Working with an experienced Orange County car accident attorney can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a car accident that caused physical injury, fatality or some other significant damage, you need to hire a skilled Orange County car accident attorney. Auto insurance companies have teams of experienced attorneys working on their behalf. Fairness isn’t their goal; their job is to protect the insurance company’s bottom line. That’s why it is vital that you enlist an attorney to fight for you. Attorneys who handle personal injury cases are familiar with the relevant laws and procedures and understand how to safeguard your interests and secure the maximum compensation for you.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, turn to Rizio Lipinsky. As top personal injury attorneys, we fight diligently for our clients, and we’re known for getting results. Contact us today to request a free consultation at 1-888-292-8888 or use our online form.
- This article should only be used for informational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney in your community.
Awards and Accolades
These accolades speak to our experience and dedication as personal injury attorneys.
We are honored by the recognition of the work we do for our clients.
A Review of Rizio Lipinsky
Orange County Car Accident Attorney
I was involved in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and I had a different lawyer at the beginning, but he wasn't able to do much with my case, he was slow and not really invested in it, he didn't even pay my medical bills with the first settlement, so I was having credit problems, a very bad situation!
Then I was introduced to Rizio Lipinsky, they managed not only to clean my credit in record time and pay off all my bills but also he also settled the case very fast.
It's difficult to find a lawyer that really care about you as a client and doesn't see you only as money, Rizio Lipinsky is different, they are very invested and really care about clients, I will for sure recommend them, you cannot go wrong with them, they follow you step by step, they are always available for any questions or concerns and they explain to you the process very well in order for you to understand what's going on with the case!
My lawyer was very knowledgeable, kind and always ready to listen and help you out in any way he can! I'm so glad I found Rizio Lipinsky.