San Francisco Car Accident Attorney
For many Americans, including those lucky enough to live or work in beautiful San Francisco, California, hitting the road is simply a fact of daily life. With millions of motor vehicles sharing the limited amount of space offered by the nation’s highways and streets, accidents are almost inevitable. It doesn’t matter how cautiously you drive. The possibility of being involved in crash is always there. Do you know what to do if things go wrong on the road? Are you prepared for the accident’s aftermath? Do you understand why a San Francisco car accident lawyer can be such a valuable ally for victims of car accidents?
What to Do When in a Car Accident
A car accident can shatter the calmest day without warning. Being involved in a crash often triggers a cascade of unsettling emotions that can make determining your next move challenging. What do you need to do when you’re caught up in a motor vehicle accident?
- Strive for calm. What you say and do in the immediate aftermath of a crash matters. Despite the stress of the situation, stay calm. Choose your words carefully. Be polite, but do not admit fault.
- Check on all drivers and passengers. Check that everyone involved in the collision is okay. If there are injuries, call for medical assistance.
- Move to safety. While you should never leave the scene of an accident, it is okay to move to the side of the roadway.
- Call the police for assistance. Call 911 to report the accident. Note the responding officer’s name and contact information. Don’t forget to ask how you can get a copy of the police report.
- Exchange information. Trade contact and insurance information with any other drivers involved in the collision. Write down their names, phone numbers, addresses and driver’s license numbers. Be sure to get the name of their insurers and their policy numbers and to record the make, color and model of the vehicles and their respective license plate numbers.
- Gather the facts. Document the accident by taking pictures of the location and the vehicles. In addition, get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
Seek additional medical care if needed. If you’ve been injured, seek out appropriate medical care. Keep careful records.
- Inform your insurance company. Notify your insurer about the accident.
- Consider consulting a car accident attorney. If the accident resulted in injuries or significant damage, reach out to an experienced car accident lawyer to protect your interests and explore your options.
Car Accident Statistics
When it comes to car accidents and their impact, the statistics are sobering. In the United States, there are some 6 million car accidents over the course of the average year. Each year, vehicular collisions injure roughly 3 million Americans, and approximately 2 million of those injured will be left with permanent injuries after a car crash. What about fatalities? The annual total comes to more than 30,000 fatalities. That works out to more than 90 deaths each day.
Car Accident Causes
Car accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, and even the best driver can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Factors like the following can cause a car accident:
- Driver error
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Mechanical failures
- Weather conditions
- Road conditions
Car Accident Injury Types
Even minor car accidents can have a major impact on the human body. The injuries that result can trigger temporary discomfort or produce permanent, lifelong problems. Common injuries suffered by car accident victims include the following:
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Contusions, scraps and cuts
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney
Insurance companies have teams of lawyers guarding their interests. Protecting the insurer’s bottom line is their priority, and to do that, they’ll do their best to get you to accept a minimal settlement. Shouldn’t you have someone who is prepared to fight on your behalf? You can. Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer gives you a valuable ally who understands how to secure the compensation that you deserve. In fact, if you’ve been involved in an accident that resulted in physical injuries or a fatality, left you dealing with extensive medical bills or financial losses, or caused significant damages, it’s best to have someone familiar with the relevant laws and able to guide you through the process of seeking the compensation. This is especially true if the situation is complicated by disputes over liability or an insurer’s refusal to pay.
An attorney who has successfully steered clients through car accident cases understands how to evaluate your claim, gather the needed evidence and build a convincing case. They can help you weigh your options and choose an effective strategy. Whether that means negotiating a settlement or facing off in a courtroom, they have the expertise and resources to secure the full compensation that you deserve.
If you’re in need of a skilled San Francisco car accident attorney, turn to Rizio Lipinsky. We know how to get results, and we take pride in using our strength to help accident victims by serving as aggressive advocates for them. If you need our assistance, reach out to us today to arrange for a free consultation.
- This article should only be used for informational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney in your community.
Awards and Accolades
These accolades speak to our experience and dedication as personal injury attorneys.
We are honored by the recognition of the work we do for our clients.
A Review of Rizio Lipinsky
San Francisco Car Accident Attorney
I was involved in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and I had a different lawyer at the beginning, but he wasn't able to do much with my case, he was slow and not really invested in it, he didn't even pay my medical bills with the first settlement, so I was having credit problems, a very bad situation!
Then I was introduced to Aaron Hicks of Rizio Lipinsky he managed not only to clean my credit in record time and pay off all my bills but also he also settled the case very fast.
It's difficult to find a lawyer that really care about you as a client and doesn't see you only as money, Rizio Lipinsky is different, they are very invested and really care about clients, I will for sure recommend them, you cannot go wrong with them, they follow you step by step, they are always available for any questions or concerns and they explain to you the process very well in order for you to understand what's going on with the case!
My lawyer was Aaron Hicks, he's very knowledgeable, kind and always ready to listen and help you out in any way he can! I'm so glad I found Rizio Lipinsky.