San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer
Sometimes, size matters a great deal. When fully loaded, a typical commercial truck can easily weigh 25 times as much as the average passenger car. Combine this impressive mass with speed, and any loss of control can be decidedly deadly. A collision between a commercial truck and a passenger vehicle often results in severe injuries or fatalities and extensive property damage.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a motor vehicle accident with a large truck, you may be entitled to compensation for various forms of damages. Enlisting the services of a skilled San Bernardino truck accident lawyer can help ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Commercial Trucks: An Assorted Fleet
An invaluable part of America’s economic engine, commercial trucks spend countless hours on the road transporting materials and products to the places where they’re needed. While semi-trailer trucks are statistically the most likely to be involved in a crash, they are far from the only kind of commercial vehicle that can present a danger to people on the road when things go wrong. Travelers routinely contend with several types of large trucks:
- Semi-trailer trucks
- Cement mixer trucks
- Dump trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Crashes
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s 2017 Pocket Guide to Large Truck and Bus Statistics, there were some 415,000 crashes involving large trucks in 2015. Nearly 3,600 of those involved one or more fatalities, and some 83,000 resulted in injuries. Exploring the various factors that contribute to a truck crash allows people to understand better what went wrong, why, and who or what is at fault. What are the most common causes of commercial truck crashes?
- Speeding. Large trucks are already harder to control and stop because of their sheer mass. Adding speed that is excessive for the road conditions or other negligent behaviors like inattention, illegal maneuvering or aggressive driving behaviors only increases the danger and the severity of any resulting crash.
- Overloaded trucks. When cargo is loaded improperly, it can set the stage for tires to blow or increase the risk of the truck to tipping over or jackknifing. Unsecured cargo can also produce dangerous flying debris.
- Driver fatigue. Fatigue can impair a driver’s judgment, slow their reaction time and interfere with their ability to operate their vehicle safely, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Mechanical issues. Worn tires, improperly maintained braking systems and other mechanical problems could impede the driver’s ability to control the vehicle and compromise the safety of anyone traveling in the truck’s vicinity.
- Road and weather conditions. Poor road conditions, construction or bad weather can all alter routines, cause confusion and interfere with visibility. Poor visibility is often associated with truck override crashes. Especially devastating, these crashes occur when a vehicle slides under a truck or its trailer, and they can be deadly even at low speeds.
- Drug or alcohol use. Most people understand that alcohol and driving don’t mix. Whether they are illicit, prescription or over-the-counter, drugs can also cause driver impairment.
Injuries Resulting From Commercial Truck Crashes
Commercial truck crashes can do extensive damage to those unlucky enough to be involved in one. Head injuries, back and neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, amputations, and internal injuries are not uncommon. Sadly, deaths also occur. Because of their severity, the injuries caused by commercial truck crashes can trigger temporary or permanent disability, negatively impact a survivor’s quality of life, and leave them facing a financial disaster due to expensive medical bills and lost wages. That is why it is so important to secure the maximum in compensation for a victim.
How a San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Why should you hire an attorney with experience in truck accident cases if you’ve been injured in this type of crash? With their expert knowledge of the trucking industry, its regulations and the agencies involved, a lawyer can be an invaluable ally when you’re seeking the compensation you deserve. They can help you identify those liable, a list that can include the driver, the company that owns the truck, or the manufacturer of the truck or its components. They can also take steps to secure and preserve the information needed to build a convincing case and work with you to identify all of the damages for which you deserve compensation. Also, your lawyer can handle the delicate task of negotiations, reducing the strain on you during this difficult time even as they fight on your behalf.
If you’re seeking a San Bernardino truck accident lawyer, turn to Rizio Liberty Lipinsky. As personal injury attorneys, we merge our professional expertise with a firm commitment to providing compassionate, effective assistance to those who have been injured. Contact us today to request a free consultation.
- This article should only be used for informational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney in your community.
Awards and Accolades
These accolades speak to our experience and dedication as personal injury attorneys.
We are honored by the recognition of the work we do for our clients.
A Review of Rizio Liberty Lipinsky
San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer
I was involved in a very bad car accident 2 years ago and I had a different lawyer at the beginning, but he wasn't able to do much with my case, he was slow and not really invested in it, he didn't even pay my medical bills with the first settlement, so I was having credit problems, a very bad situation!
Then I was introduced to Aaron Hicks of Rizio Liberty Lipinsky he managed not only to clean my credit in record time and pay off all my bills but also he also settled the case very fast.
It's difficult to find a lawyer that really care about you as a client and doesn't see you only as money, Rizio Liberty Lipinsky is different, they are very invested and really care about clients, I will for sure recommend them, you cannot go wrong with them, they follow you step by step, they are always available for any questions or concerns and they explain to you the process very well in order for you to understand what's going on with the case!
My lawyer was Aaron Hicks, he's very knowledgeable, kind and always ready to listen and help you out in any way he can! I'm so glad I found Rizio Liberty Lipinsky.